Ross and John honour the best slow tempo songs of all time
Short attention spans have left us with songs that are faster than ever before and fewer instrumental, drawn-out intros.
A study out of Ohio found the average amount of musical introduction to a song before lyrics has decreased, from 23 seconds to five.
With that in mind, Ross and John decided to honour best slow tempo songs of all time.
Here’s their list, with the help of 3AW Breakfast listeners:
- Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata
- Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
- Elton John – Funeral for a Friend
- Sinead O’Connor – Nothing Compares to You
- Elvis Presley – I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You
- Tom Waits – On The Nickel
And they also took nominations for longest musical introductions before lyrics start.
Click PLAY to hear more: