Ross & John discuss Melbourne’s most distinctive smells
A fire burning at the SKM recycling plant at Coolaroo on Tuesday sparked warnings for residents to stay indoors to avoid the smell of smoke.
It also sparked a question on 3AW Breakfast.
What are Melbourne’s quintessential smells of Melbourne?
Ross and John’s top picks;
- The hops at the Carlton United Brewery
- The Werribee Sewage Farm
- The tannery near Flemington racecourse
- Port Melbourne Unilever soap factory
- Smell of sand when used by the tram
- Taxi exhaust smell running on LPG
- Subway sandwich store
- On a train through South Yarra when the Rosella factory is making sauce
Some of the suggestions from our callers were;
- Donuts from the Queen Vic Market
- The Kraft Factory on the West Gate when it’s making vegemite
- Steamed dim sims with soy sauce from the footy canteen
- South Melbourne Dim Sims
- Chips from Lord of the fries
Click PLAY below to hear more on 3AW Breakfast