Sean Wroe’s Commonwealth Games medals stolen
Commonwealth Games medals belonging to Australian sprinter Sean Wroe have been stolen.
Police have made a public plea for help after the athlete reported his treasured awards missing.
It’s believed they were stolen during an alleged burglary in a South Yarra apartment on September 9, along with passports, jewellery and cash.
A 25-year-old Fawkner man has been arrested and charged in relation to the burglary, but the medals have not been found.
The medals include;
- 2006 Commonwealth Games gold medal 4x400m relay.
- 2010 Commonwealth Games silver medal 4x400m relay.
- 2010 Commonwealth Games silver medal 400m sprint.
- 2009 World Championship bronze medal 4x400m relay.
- 2007 Summer Universiade Games gold medal 400m sprint.
- 2007 Summer Universiade Games silver medal 4x400m relay.
The medals, which are easily identifiable, are of great sentimental value to the owner and investigators are urging anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or file a confidential report atwww.crimestoppersvic.com.au