Shannon Lush’s recipes for hand sanitiser and antibacterial washing liquid
With antibacterial hand sanitiser and washing liquid in short supply as Australians stock up to fight against coronavirus, cleaning guru Shannon Lush has shared her recipes for making them at home!
Antibacterial washing machine liquid
- 1/8th recommended quantity soap powder or liquid for front loaders, or 1/4th recommended quantity for top loaders
- Two tablespoons bicarb soda
- Two tablespoons white vinegar in fabric conditioner slot.
- Optional: You can add two drops of tea tree oil to your vinegar to boost the liquid’s antibacterial properties
- One cup alcohol — MUST be at least 80% alcohol
- Two teaspoons of glycerine
- One teaspoon tea tree oil
* Please note: commercial hand sanitiser is always preferred due to the flash point and risk of fire or burns when making it at home.
Press PLAY below for more.