Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

St Kilda East gas bottle explosion leaves man with burns

MACQUARIE NATIONAL NEWS

A man has been hospitalised with burns to his face and hands after an apartment fire at St Kilda East.

The victim, aged in his 60s, was taken to the Alfred hospital in a stable condition following the incident on Hughenden Road about 2PM.

Commander Tim Landells has been told flames spread from a garage to the two-storey residence when a gas bottle exploded.

He told 3AW it’s a timely warning for people to be careful with barbecue gas bottles as the weather starts to heat up.

MACQUARIE NATIONAL NEWS
Advertisement