State Government announce funding for tech schools
The State Government has today announced $116 in funding to build ten state-of-the-art tech schools throughout Victoria.
Neil Mitchell spoke to Victorian Education Minister James Merlino who said the funding would allow for secondary school students to engage with robotics, coding, science, engineering and maths.
‘This is about centres of technological excellence…kids as young as Year 7 right through to Year 12 will be engaging in these centres of technological excellence,’ Mr Merlino said.
The new training opportunities will be offered alongside regular schooling and will be hosted by TAFEs and universities around Victoria at:
- Ballarat Federation University, Ballarat campus
- Banyule Melbourne Polytechnic, Greensborough campus
- Bendigo La Trobe University, Flora Hill campus
- Casey Chisholm Institute, Berwick campus
- Geelong Gordon Institute, Geelong City campus
- Gippsland Federation Training, Morwell campus
- Monash Monash University, Clayton campus and John Monash Science School
- Whittlesea Melbourne Polytechnic, Epping campus
- Wyndham Victoria University, Werribee campus
- Yarra Ranges Box Hill Institute, Lilydale Lakeside campus
Click PLAY to hear Neil Mitchell speak with James Merlino