Tests reveal Prince died of painkiller overdose
US officials say tests have revealed pop star Prince died from an overdose on painkillers.
The 57-year-old singer was found dead at his Minneapolis home in April.
Police had been investigating whether he died of an overdose, and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before his death.
Fentanyl, a synthetic opiate, is used to treat people with chronic pain.
It’s believed the singer self administered the drug, 50 times more potent than heroin.