LISTEN
Watch
on air now
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Tests reveal Prince died of painkiller overdose

MML

US officials say tests have revealed pop star Prince died from an overdose on painkillers.

The 57-year-old singer was found dead at his Minneapolis home in April.

Police had been investigating whether he died of an overdose, and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before his death.

Fentanyl, a synthetic opiate, is used to treat people with chronic pain.

It’s believed the singer self administered the drug, 50 times more potent than heroin.

Advertisement