Tobie Puttock’s recipe for sweet potato and tuna fish cakes
300g peeled and roughly chopped sweet potato
300g fresh tuna mince
15g almond meal
1 teaspoon of hot paprika
Pinch of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper (approx 1g each)
Small handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Small handful picked dill, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Place the sweet potato into a pot large enough to comfortably hold them, cover with cold water, add a good pinch of salt and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Strain and allow to sit in the colander.
4. Place the sweet potato into a large mixing bowl and mash using a potato masher. Once mashed add the tuna, almond meal, egg, paprika, parsley, dill, salt, pepper and mix thoroughly, finally fold through the herbs.
5. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the baking paper. Shape the mixture into four patties and place onto the baking paper.
6. Cook in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, flipping them at half time.