Tobie Puttock’s recipe for a spicy tuna poke bowl
Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl
- 2 teaspoons dried wakame (available from Japanese grocer)
- 1 teaspoon dried hijiki (available from Japanese grocer)
- 300g sashimi grade tuna, cut into 2cm cubes
- 80g shallot, finely diced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- dried and crushed chili sea salt
- steamed rice for serving
- 2 avocados for serving
Pop the wakame and hijiki in separate bowls and cover each with boiling water to let rehydrate for about 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze to remove all moisture. Roughly chop wakame and add to a large mixing bowl along with the hijiki.
Add to the bowl the finely diced shallot, spring onion, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, chili (if using) and season with a pinch of salt. Use a spoon to very gently fold the ingredients over each other to combine. Have a taste and adjust with soy, sesame and honey until it’s awesome.
Serve with steamed rice and diced/ sliced avocado.