Tobie Puttock’s recipe for garlic infused clams
Clams, Garlic, Parsley and Chardonnay
- 1kg fresh clams or vongole, washed
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1-2 small red chili’s, finely minced
- 50ml chardonnay or other white wine.
- Small bunch of parsley, washed and roughly chopped.
- Crusty bread for serving
- Cracked pepper
Heat the oil, garlic and the chilli over a medium heat in a pot (with a lid) large enough to easily hold all of the clams. As the garlic starts to sizzle add the clams, increase the heat to high and stir with a wooden spoon to distribute the garlic and chilli, pop the lid on the pot.
After a minute or so lift the lid and check in the pot, the clams should be starting to open. Once they have all opened stir through the parsley, season with cracked pepper and serve immediately with crusty bread.