Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Update: Driver charged after horrific Peninsula Link crash which saw a man lose his arm

Rumour confirmed

UPDATE

Police have charged a 39-year-old Frankston North man following a horrific collision on Peninsula Link last week.

First heard on The Rumour File,  3AW Breakfast was told how a young man’s arm was severed after the crash last Tuesday afternoon.

The 30-year-old tow truck driver lost his arm while attempting to move a broken down vehicle from the emergency lane on Peninsula Link about 3.25pm on 14 November.

Police have since charged a man with negligently cause serious injury and dangerous driving causing serious injury.

He has been bailed to appear at Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday.

Surgeon’s attempts to reattach the driver’s arm but were unsuccessful, but the 30-year-old remains in hospital in a stable condition.

EARLIER

David was in the vehicle and told 3AW Breakfast the tow truck driver was “doing the right thing” before a speeding driver tried to beat traffic and sped past, hitting him.

“A bloke shouldn’t go to work and get injured like that,” an emotional David said.

Click PLAY to hear David explain more on 3AW Breakfast

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit an anonymous report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au

Rumour confirmed
Advertisement