Victoria records more than 2000 new COVID-19 cases and six deaths
There were 2179 new locally-acquired COVID-19 cases recorded in Victoria yesterday.
It’s the second consecutive day that new cases have been above 2000.
Sadly another six people have died after contracting COVID-19.
- Three men in their 80s from Brimbank, Darebin and Boroondara.
- Two women in their 80s from Hume and Moreland.
- A woman in her 50s from Moonee Valley.
There are 695 people in Victorian hospitals with coronavirus.
157 of those are receiving intensive care.
101 people need a ventilator to breathe.
There are now 21,324 active cases of the virus across the state.
There were 73,942 test results received yesterday and 38,752 vaccine doses administered at state-run hubs.
Reported yesterday: 2,179 new local cases and 0 cases acquired overseas.
– 38,752 vaccines administered
– 73,942 test results received
– Sadly, 6 people with COVID-19 have died
— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) October 14, 2021