Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap WATCH to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LISTEN to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LATEST NEWS to start the live stream.

LISTEN
Watch
on air now

Create a 3AW account today!

You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 3AW content and other benefits.


Joining is free and easy.

You will soon need to register to keep streaming 3AW online. Register an account or skip for now to do it later.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Victorian stranded in NSW still in limbo six days after applying for exemption permit

Neil Mitchell
Article image for Victorian stranded in NSW still in limbo six days after applying for exemption permit

It’s now six days on from the Premier’s announcement that 200 Victorians trapped in NSW would be able to return home under a new permit exemption, but some are still stranded.

Dennis Leahy applied for one of the permits half an hour after they opened, but still hasn’t heard a word from the state government.

“We’ve resigned ourselves that we’re probably going to need to put new permits in tomorrow because we’re concerned … that the ones we put in have been deleted because we originally put last Saturday as our travel day,” he told Neil Mitchell.

“Previously one permit had been deleted because they hadn’t got to it in time and the travel day had lapsed.”

Mr Leahy says the treatment he’s received from the state government is “cruel”.

“We’ve asked five times through the correct channels that they ask us to,” he said.

“We’ve just got nothing back whatsoever.”

Press PLAY below to hear more about the ‘cruel’ situation

Neil Mitchell
Advertisement