LISTEN
Watch
on air now
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

VIDEO: Carrum Downs house gutted by fire

A Carrum Downs house has been gutted by fire this morning.

The blaze is believed to have started in the verandah area of the Gamble Road home, spreading to the house and garage about 8.30.

It took about 45 minutes to bring under control.

Witness Alan says the resident emerged unscathed, thanks to a working smoke alarm.

“He was in bed and heard some crackling in the kitchen and thought it was his friend coming home from work,” he said.

“The alarm went off and he ran out, the kitchen was just ablaze.”

See the video

Click PLAY below to hear the details

Advertisement