AFL announces 12 members of the new “Competition Committee”
The AFL has announced 12 members of the new Competition Committee.
The Competition Committee was formed to replace various other committees, such as the laws of the game committee and the player movement advisory panel.
The 12 additions include:
- Three club presidents: Colin Carter (Geelong), Eddie McGuire (Collingwood), and Peggy O’Neal (Richmond)
- Three CEOs: Andrew Fagan (Adelaide), Andrew Ireland (Sydney), and Justin Reeves (Hawthorn)
- Two coaches: Chris Fagan (Brisbane), and Brad Scott (North Melbourne)
- Two club football managers: Chris Davies (Port Adelaide), Craig Vozzo (West Coast)
- And two current players: Patrick Dangerfield (AFLPA President), Steven May (Gold Coast captain)
AFL football operations manager Steve Hocking will chair the group, while the AFL will have representatives on the panel as well.
The committee’s primary purpose will be to ensure the entire AFL business is working in concert to ensure the overall progress of the game, both on the field and off it.
The AFL Commission will still have final decision-making authority on all issues the Competition Committee addresses.