COVID-19 latest: Victoria records lowest new case figure in more than five weeks
Victoria has recorded the lowest daily number of new COVID-19 cases in more than five weeks.
In the past 24 hours, 179 new coronavirus cases have been detected.
It’s the lowest daily figure since July 13.
Sadly, nine people have died with COVID-19, bringing the Victorian pandemic death toll to 385.
Seven of today’s deaths have been linked to aged care.
The number of active cases in Victoria has fallen by 443 cases to 4421.
It comes after the active case figure fell by more than 2000 yesterday.
CURRENT COVID-19 SNAPSHOT:
- 626 people in hospital with COVID-19
- 40 people in intensive care, including 25 on ventilators
- 668 active cases among health workers
- 1732 active cases in aged care
- 4421 active cases (down by 443 on yesterday)
- 3808 cases with an unknown source (up by 24 from yesterday)
- 20,326 tests have been done in the past 24 hours.
#Covid19VicData for 21 August 2020.
There are 179 new cases of #coronavirus (#COVID19) detected in Victoria in the last 24 hours, and an additional 9 deaths reported. We are sending condolences to their loved ones. More information will be available later today. pic.twitter.com/1oHSoNMqQd
— VicGovDHHS (@VicGovDHHS) August 20, 2020
NEW CASES THIS WEEK:
August 15: 303
August 16: 279
August 17: 282
August 18: 222
August 19: 216
August 20: 222