Five ways to improve the AFL draft coverage
Dwayne Russell has five suggested changes for next year’s AFL draft to improve it for the audience.
- Only televise the top 30 picks. Do the rest the following day.
- Live trading of players picked.
- Commentary offering a counter argument on players. “Not every player is fantastic. Not every player is going to be a 250-game player. But that’s kind of what we hear.”
- More interviews with parents/colour/emotion.
- Audio of the club officials discussing who they’ll pick when they’re on the clock. Even if it’s played after the pick.
Click PLAY below to hear more on Sportsday