Get to know Scott Morrison: 12 things you should know about our new PM!
Don’t know much about him? Well, here’s a start.
- He just turned 50.
- He served as treasurer under Malcolm Turnbull.
- He served as the minister for social services, as well as immigration and border protection, under Tony Abbott.
- He’s been described as a “pragmatic conservative” by The New York Times.
- He was the inaugural managing director of Tourism Australia, overseeing the infamous “So where the bloody hell are you?” campaign which shot Lara Bingle to fame.
- He was elected into Australian parliament in 2007.
- He’s the member for Cook in Sydney.
- He’s a religious man.
- He’s married – his wife’s name is Jenny.
- They have two daughters.
- He is a fan of the Cronulla Sharks in the NRL.
- Unlike Mr Turnbull, he’s across his Australian music, if this previous visit to 3AW is anything to go by!