Kevin Sheedy’s idea to improve the spectacle of AFL football
Kevin Sheedy has put forward his idea to clean up football.
Speaking in the 3AW studio to promote his new book, Kevin Sheedy: Celebrating 50 Years of Footy, Sheedy said he would require eight players to stay inside each 50m arc at stoppages.
Sheedy told Neil Mitchell he’d like to see it trialled in the pre-season.
“You wouldn’t have the mess we’ve got now,” he said.
In a wide-ranging interview, Sheedy also discussed:
- The biggest influences on his career
- The “most incredible story in Australian sporting history”
- Why Michael Long could make a career in stand-up comedy
- The future of the Country Game
- The best photo he ever took
Click PLAY for the full interview